Foster Parent Training Resources
www.fosterparenttraining.com requires an annual fee. The cost is $15.00 per foster parent for the first year, and $12.00 per foster parent for subsequent years. This web site is run by Netzler’s Communication and Training, a for profit organization.
www.fosterclub.com/grownups is free for foster families. This site is affiliated with the National Network for Youth in Foster Care, a non-profit organization.
www.fosterpareantcollege.com requires a fee of $8 per "self-directed" class, per person.
www.nfpainc.org is a link to the National Foster Parent Association with further information about on-line training
CPR AND FIRST AID TRAINING ONLINE
The sites listed below are the only sites approved by FCSVA. Please contact FCSVA for approval before taking any other on-line certification courses.
CPR certification must include infant/child to meet agency requirements
• Offers Adult/Child/Infant CPR
• *Offers Basic First Aid
• 2- year certification
• See website for pricing/packages
• Offers Adult/ Child/ Infant CPR
• Offers Basic First Aid
• 1-year certification
• See website for pricing packages
Please note that the online training sessions are to be alternated at every other renewal date with “ in-person” training classes to benefit from a more personal learning experience.
Additional Locations Include:
American Red Cross
Gorman and Associates-703-941-0999-Tell them you are with FCSVA to receive the discount/prepaid price of $25 for First Aid and $33 for CPR. Books are $6/class/person. The class must be prepaid (thereby ensuring attendance) to receive the discounted cost. Should you be unable to attend, notify Gorman and Associates and you can reschedule your attendance date. You must provide adequate notice of your inability to attend your scheduled class in order to apply your prepayment to the rescheduled class.
Gorman offers a 2-year certification/CPR and a 3-year certification/ First Aid
OBTAIN YOUR DMV RECORD ONLINE
• Go to www.dmv.state.va.us
• Go to online transactions (left column) and click on “More”
• Scroll down and click on Record Request
• Select option “ I do not have a DMV PIN”- 3rd option –continue
• Enter customer # (license #) and Date of Birth-submit
• Next page-just hit continue
• Do not order certified copy
• Where it says I want to”….Click on “Order my current record to be mailed”.
• Under Driver’s Records- - Record Type- -Click personal use
• Finish with payment